Sustainable Oil & Gas Development is a broad scope—within which we intended to focus on issues of climate action, affordable clean energy, clean water, waste reduction and community engagement. (for a good map of how our industry supports Sustainable Development, see joint report on Mapping the oil and gas industry to the Sustainable Development Goals).
A few topics in our cue that we are working to deliver in upcoming meetings:
- Carbon Capture, Use and Storage (CCUS) potential in Calif
- Repurposing abandoned infrastructure for geothermal and/or gas storage
- Offshore decommissioning
- Geochemical process for CO2 mineralization
- Methane emissions monitoring via aerial or satellite imaging.
- New regulatory initiatives and programs
- Renewable energy use within field operations
- SPE’s Gaia Program supporting sustainable development
September 24 2020
Join us for our fourth event: Johana Dunlop & Flora Moon of the Society of Petroleum Engineers “GAIA”on Thursday September 24 2020 at 12:00pm (noon) Pacific Time.
Click here for further information
If you have any questions about the California Sustainable Development Study Group—or if you have an idea for a good topic/presenter—please contact Tony Zamora at email@example.com.