Sustainable Oil & Gas Development is a broad scope—within which we intended to focus on issues of climate action, affordable clean energy, clean water, waste reduction and community engagement. (for a good map of how our industry supports Sustainable Development, see joint report on Mapping the oil and gas industry to the Sustainable Development Goals).
A few topics in our cue that we are working to deliver in upcoming meetings:
- Carbon Capture, Use and Storage (CCUS) potential in Calif
- Repurposing abandoned infrastructure for geothermal and/or gas storage
- Offshore decommissioning
- Geochemical process for CO2 mineralization
- Methane emissions monitoring via aerial or satellite imaging.
- New regulatory initiatives and programs
- Renewable energy use within field operations
- SPE’s Gaia Program supporting sustainable development
POSTPONED*- Monday October 19 2020, 12:00pm (noon) Pacific Time.
Join us for our fifth event: "Revolutionary Products & Materials Being Developed from Heavy Crude Oils"
Click here for further information
*At this time this event has been postponed until November. We will update the exact date and registration link as soon as we confirm the new date.
If you have any questions about the California Sustainable Development Study Group—or if you have an idea for a good topic/presenter—please contact Tony Zamora at email@example.com.